Friday, March 26, 2010

Last Friday = False Alarm

  This was last Friday at Cherokee Park.  We had fun walking around the park and playing with the new camera.
   Little did we know that a couple hours later we would be headed to the hospital because we thought that my water broke! I was wrong!  We called our midwife, Beth Bary and she said that if our water bag had broken we would need to go to the hospital because you would want to deliver our baby within 24 hours of it breaking!  We rushed home and grabbed our bags (finished packing) and went to our hospital, Clark Memorial.  Needless to say, I was a wreck and fearful that something had to be wrong...again lack of trust in the Lord!  Mark was super calm and trying to be patient with me!  The nurse was super kind and gracious at the hospital and gave me a check to see how I was doing and if my water bag was in tact still.  Which to our surprise it was and found out that I was 80% effaced and 2cm dilated! We got to hear Molly's heart beat for a long time and it was great to hear her so steady and healthy! :)  The nurse said we both were healthy and now its time to keep waiting till the baby is ready to come out!  It was dinner time so we decided to go out on a date to Cheddar's after we left the hospital....what a night!
   Now, 1 week later I am still in the same position...waiting.  I'm finding it harder and harder to keep waiting.  I've learned from our Bradley classes (natural birthing classes) that the typical woman goes 41 weeks and 1 day before having a baby...since this is the norm I have plenty of time.  My due date isn't till Sunday, so I am still in good shape to wait.  Just realizing once again how impatient my heart really is with God's timing! I hate that I'm not joyful in waiting and seeing as waiting as an opportunity to worship our loving Father. Whatever season we are in, we are called to wait on the Lord.  And, waiting is worship to the Lord.  For He knows all our days and has written them in His book before one has come to be!  So, just trying to remind my soul to wait on the Lord....He knows the best day for Molly to arrive and is lovingly sovereign in all His dealings with His children!  I can find rest today and be thankful!

   On a plus side, Mark and I have been enjoying nice quality time together and going on many "last dates" together....I know that it will be so different once Molly is here and now the Lord is giving us time for Mark and I to be just us. Which has been so sweet.  Since we've only been married almost 10 months in a couple of days, I shouldn't be in such a hurry to pass this time away...I cleaned the whole house yesterday and had some sweet fellowship with a friend too! Then watched the UK game last night with Mark. These days are precious and given by the Lord...all our days!

   I was just going to ask that you'd pray for me in this time of waiting. I know in the big picture there really isn't much time until she arrives, but just want to be full of faith in this time.  And, please pray for the labor and delivery aspect too!  We are hoping with the Lord's grace to go naturally.  The Lord has provided us a Doula, our good friend from church, Athena!  This is such a mercy! And, for the past 12 weeks we have been a part of a Bradley class and have learned so much!  God is so wise in all His designs! Crazy how every detail is planned by our gracious God...seriously this whole baby-prego time is truly a miracle and only grace that we get to go through this season.  Also, my mom is arriving this coming Monday to help us! She delivered all her 4 daughters, naturally! God is the only one who can sustain life and He has been kind to do so for Molly thus far! May He keep doing so and be so glorified in her life! Also, may the Lord prepare Mark and I to point her to her only true Hope, Christ....may she see the Gospel in our lives and see her need for a Savior! May the Lord save her early!

  This morning I read Psalm 63. Super encouraging, may it be my prayer continually!  ...Stay tuned...truly it could be at anytime now...and now is the time for me to worship the true King and wait in faith! :)


Psalm 63
"O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
  So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
beholding your power and glory.
  Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you.
  So I will bless you as long as I live;
in your name I will lift up my hands.
 My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,
and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,
  when I remember you upon my bed,
and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
  for you have been my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.
  My soul clings to you;
your right hand upholds me.
 But those who seek to destroy my life
shall go down into the depths of the earth;
  they shall be given over to the power of the sword;
they shall be a portion for jackals.
  But the king shall rejoice in God;
all who swear by him shall exult,
for the mouths of liars will be stopped."


3 comments:

GloryandGrace said...

Praying for you, dear friend!

We're in our own season of waiting for something very different, and the waiting definitely isn't easy most days!

Praise the Lord that seasons of waiting are such sweet times spent with my husband, as well as growing more in my dependence on the Lord and HIS grace and provision~

Thanks for the reminder from Scripture, too :) Those words have been on my mind recently~

Kristina Stone said...

Hang in there Anna. Great verse. Very encouraging!

Anna said...

thanks ladies, for your prayers and care and love....hope to talk to you both sometime SOON! the Lord is so gracious to teach us through all circumstances! :)