Saturday, March 22, 2008

what Day was yesterday...?


Yesterday...March 21st was my Mom's Birthday!!
She is such a blessing...and I want her to know how much I love her!!


Here's our family's silly Birthday song:
"Happy Birthday Happy, Happy Birthday! This is your day, so have a lot of Fun!
Blow out the candles on your cake and make a wish and we'll serve every body's favorite dish, Happy Birthday Happy, Happy Birthday! This is your day, so have a lot of fun!!"

Thanks Mom for all you do and have done for me all of my life!!! I am eternally grateful for your care and unconditional love that points me to our Christ!!:)

Here is a list of characteristics that make my Mom very Special:
1. Her listening ear
2. Her quick to encourage heart
3. Her love for the Nations and the lost around her
4. Her love for traveling and learning
5. Her love for reading
6. Her care for our family and her church
7. Her quick wit humor!
8. Her great skills in spontaneous tap dancing!:)
9. Her ability to spell crazy hard words!
10. Her teach ability and desire to grow in the Lord!
11. Her graciousness in forgiving quickly when wrong done to her!
12. Her example in submission/helper to her husband, Biblical Womanhood!
13. Her prayers and love for the word of God!

...these are just some ways the Lord has made her and how He has and is transforming her more into the image of Christ! It is so fun to see the Lord working in my Mom's heart, for her good and God's glory!

I hope you had a wonderful day Mom, and that you were super refreshed and encouraged and reminded of God's faithfulness to you all of your days!!


I LOVE YOU! But, Most of All, God has set His Love on you in Christ!


Happy Birthday Happy!

6 comments:

D Lewis said...

Being your Dad (and Pam's husband) I have to agree with everything you said about Pam! She is special and wonderful to me and to our family. I'm so glad that she is my wife and the Mother of my daughters. After almost 38 years I have to say that Pam is a wonderful person and we are all privileged to be part of her circle! Thanks Anna for posting the truth about Pam Lewis!

Dad

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sweet Mom! Thoughtful and insightful post Anna! You are one special daughter and sister! :) You are the BEST Anna!

~ Ali

Unknown said...

Super sweet...March Babies are precious!!!! Anna you are such a dear and I think Mom is so privileged to have you as her youngest little girl!

GloryandGrace said...

What a sweet tribute to your mom, and how fun that her birthday was on the same weekend as Easter this year!

I love your new picture at the top of your blog, too -- did you take that picture? It's breathtaking!

Anna said...

thanks y'all! thanks for the comments for Mom, family!

jennifer- no i didn't take the picture on top! found it on line! i think you have to have an amazing camera to take picture! see you later in class tonight! i think it's your turn to counsel?!:) exciting!!!:)

The M Family said...

oh anna this was sweet! and for as many times i have hung around your mom i would have to agree with everything you said...well, except for the spontaneous tap dancing! who knew she liked to tap dance too!!! i'll have to ask her to show me her secrets when she's here this weekend! :)