Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Snow Day!!


Louisville can get snow! It's amazing to actually see snow and not just ice! We've already have had 3 snow days in the past month! So Fun! We were snowed in this past weekend and I didn't even have to go to work! Instead, we went sliding!! So Fun! I wonder if this will be our last snow day of the season? Even though I'm ready for Spring to come, I'm thankful for this season today and learning to enjoy each season in life. Knowing that it's the Lord who places us where we are for our very good, that we might know Him more. For we have so much to be thankful for! The Lord is teaching me the art of thankfulness and true contentment. This most likely will be a life-time process to grow in thankfulness! He is committed more then I am, to conform me into His image and to make me fully delighted in Him alone (not just the gifts He gives or circumstance). May God continue to change us to be thankful in Him, overflowing from a heart of worship. He has given more than we ever knew we needed, Redemption through His beloved Son! As Christians, we ought to be the most happy, joyful people alive!! I have been forgiven much, so considering Christ should produce genuine thankfulness....even when life's hard and circumstances seem mundane! By His grace, let's look to our Redeemer and walk in thankfulness!! ...Anyone have other thoughts/insights about thankfulness you want to share to help in this journey?!

Enjoy the pics!

"Be joyful always, pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." I Thessalonians 5:16-18

4 comments:

GloryandGrace said...

I LOVE that we got such great snow!! I like your pics, and I like you was so glad to not be able to do anything that required responsibility this past weekend :) On another note, I really enjoyed the encouragement you gave to Laura S. last night in class :)

Anna said...

thanks Jennifer...for commenting! and it was good to see you in class yesterday!:) my turn to counsel is next week!:) kind of nervous about it! need lots of grace!:) see you tomorrow in class for a long day!:) Love you!

Rob Bailey said...

I did not even get past the title picture to know I would like this blog. I'll send my wife over to see you.
http://mamayebailey.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Anna, you are so insightful and a wonderful writer!! I totally love your blog!

What a fun snow day! Love the pics of all the beautiful snow! God loves you and your thankful heart! :)

~ Ali