Tuesday, November 20, 2007

new seasons, new beginnings...

Thanksgiving is in TWO days and it's hard to believe that it's already this time of the year again...before we know it, it will be Christmas!

I love this time of year because it reminds me of the new beginnings that are approaching, along with new mercies. Makes me excited to see what the Lord has instore this upcoming year! Trusting His providence!

Things I'm looking forward to(Lord willing) apporaching the New Year:
1. A friend is visiting me! My dear friend, Susian Walker is coming--December 8-11th...she was in my bible study and she became so dear to me, we met for several years weekly and was challenged and encouraged by her friendship!
2. Visit my family--December 23rd-30th in dallas and ft.worth area! Lots of time with family...which is long-over due!
3. Visit Lubbock (college) friends--Decemeber 30th-Jan.2nd! I'm in Marla Lees's Wedding (one of my college room-mates)! So I get to celebrate the New Year with old friends...so fun!
4. Completing my First YEAR of living in Louisville, come January!
5. Completing 23 credits(almost half done) towards by Masters in Biblical Counseling, by end of January!
6. My sister April's 2nd baby boy due at the end of February!
7. I turn half a century (25 years old!), come the last day of March!
8. Training for my 1/2 marathon...this spring I want complete this goal! keep me accountable to this!

And knowing that the Future is the Lord's! I want to laugh at the future, like the Proverbs 31 woman, knowing confidently God holds it! Therefore, whatever He see's best fit for me (come joy, pain, struggle), I pray that I'd have grace to believe that it's because of His love for me in Christ...is Why. Nothing more I need to know!
...like in Habakkuk 3:17-19!

For His glory, let this be my prayer and heart too:

"Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
God, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer's;
he makes me tread on my high places."

No comments: