Wednesday, January 20, 2010

wanting to run away tonight...

    We have lots to do on the house...feeling a little bit emotional tonight and just praying that we will get the upstairs finished before Molly comes! I know that she is only a baby and won't know the difference if there's pink paint on her wall, but totally want to be organized and nest before she arrives!
     I was explaining this to Mark tonight, yet with some tears.  He understands, but said he can't 100% promise it all well get done in time, b/c he never thought he'd hurt his knee...we can plan all day long, but the Lord is the One who determines the outcome.  He governs all our days and so I guess Mark was just wanting me to remember that I'm not the one who is in control.  I know this sounds silly and after posting this I'm sure I will laugh at myself for posting this emotional moment!  Mostly, I just need to be reminded that my hope is not in our house being perfectly organized and ready for our baby Molly or hope in anything external.  I must rest in the Lord and let Him be my final hope. 
    Pray for me in this...I do want to grow in trusting the Lord and resting He knows what is best.  My world will not fall apart if my home is not completly finished...most likely there will always be another project to do!  
   Thankfully, we can never really run away from the Lord.  Whenever I start to feel this away, I must remember what Psalm 139 says....read it below.  It's nice because we know the Lord will not let us run from Him and He alone is the one we can run to!  May we keep running to the Lord no matter how we feel or what the circumstance maybe...He alone is faithful and our resting place

Psalm 139:7-12
"Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?
 If I ascend to heaven, you are there!
If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there!
If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
 even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me.
 If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me,
and the light about me be night,”
 even the darkness is not dark to you;
the night is bright as the day,
for darkness is as light with you."

3 comments:

Ali said...

I love you Anna! Hope you and Mark had a terrific class Tuesday night! I'm praying for the birth of sweet Molly Hope!

Love ya,

Ali

Anna said...

thanks Ali, I would love to talk to you on the phone...i'll call you tomorrow and catch up! we are trying to decide if we should get a doula or not? if its worth it or what? it does cost extra, but would help us go natural...our bradley class talked about it this week...love you and talk soon! :)

Ali said...

It totally depends on your budget! I never had a doula but, I really think it would have been worth it (if we could have afforded a doula). A doula would be extra support for you and Mark during labor and delivery! I remember with Coleman's birth not wanting Piper to leave me to go to the bathroom or get a drink (I wasn't educated on birth at that point but, so wish I had been now looking back). A doula would be AWESOME if you guys could work out budget wise. I'll be praying for God to lead you two to just the right support for you and Mark when baby girl is born! I'm proud of you for walking and preparing for labor! I'm really proud of you and Mark for taking the bradley classes!

I love you! ~ Ali