Tuesday, January 26, 2010

a full-time homemaker?


All I can say is that once again change is here. 2009 has been a lot of changes for me and I can only imagine that will continue in 2010 because we will be experiencing many first... yet it's freeing to know that we are in the exact spot/season the Lord wants us to be in! He determines our times and places according to what He has predestined to take place (Acts 4:28)!

Last night was my last night working for The Artist in You. It's hard to believe that since I was 15 years old I've always had some form of part-time job. Also, since before kindergarten I have not taken a semester off from school! This is the first time I will not be in school! That is a long time, since I will be 27 at the end of March! I have 1 more class remaining at Southern, it's my internship class for my Masters in Biblical Counseling. They only offer this course in the spring, so I won't be able to take it this spring because Lord willing Molly Hope will be arriving near the end of March-early April. So next year I will be able to take my last class in order to complete my Masters, if the Lord wills. I do desire to complete this degree since I'm so close! Yet, thankful for a season outside of school!

This is why it's transition time....I am now considered a full-time homemaker for my home with Mark. Wow, I've always desired this role, but still seem a little scary to take on. I know it’s a real blessing I do not have to work outside of the home, which will allow me to have time to focus on our home and help finish up the renovations needed before Molly comes in the next 2 months! Also, just provides me time to love and serve our church family, and not to mention learn more about being a better helper for Mark. Mark really has wanted me to be in the home full-time, and I'm thankful that he desires to be the provider for our family. Again, a blessing from the Lord. We came up with goals for each day for me to accomplish while Mark is at work. I even got to go walking this morning at 7am with a friend from church who lives down the street! So far day #1 has been good. Cleaned the bathrooms and cleaned the floors (the kitchen is next!). I just want to work hardly unto the Lord and not become lazy. We have plenty of things that still need to get done around here and made a list of projects that I can do without the help of Mark. Just going to need a lot of grace and self control to work wisely. Especially since my energy level is just not the same being pregnant.

Been reading online and learning from other woman how to be more frugal with our money. We are down to one car and one cell phone, which help a lot. We did get the internet (the slower kind) which is a perk but also a sweet helping to me while I'm here in the day. Still needing to learn and grow in this new role! Please pray! I feel so weak and need the Lord in everyway! The Lord is so faithful. And is gracious to give all the grace we need for each season. Regardless, we are all called to work since the Fall.  Now, just learning a different sphere of work.  And cleaning tolits has never been a fun task, but a task that needs to get done! :) I know things will look even more different with a baby! That's why I want to learn all I can before she comes!

(FYI-this is not really what I look like anymore...I can't find my cord to plug my camera in to download new pics..so hopefully soon I'll be able to put recent pics of me prego!)

4 comments:

Ali said...

I can't wait to see a pic of you pregnant! :)

Hope you had a productive day of work for your sweet family! Enjoy making your house a home!

Love,

Ali

American Homemaker said...

I never thought it was scary to be a stay at home mom... I did it for 10 1/2 yrs... the scary part for me was getting divorced and trying to work and be a homemaker :(

GloryandGrace said...

Aww, friend, I am SO GLAD you're back to blogging! We totally need to get together soon for a coffee date (or something else that Molly will enjoy more!) :)

Mark & Anna Gronotte said...

hey Jennifer,

we totally need a catch up date! how does it feel to have finished at SBTS!? That is so sweet! I'd love to get coffee or any chance to sit and talk with you! let me know what your weeks look like...i'm pretty open! may a saturday when you're not at work? love you, anna