Monday, May 19, 2008

Updates:

The Lord is so gracious to me! And all my days I will sing of His everlasting Faithfulness, through His providing Grace! No matter what the circumstances may be, we know that He is good and upright and faithful to keep us firm until the very end...my friend on the phone this morning reminded me that God's Word is what remains and will never fade away. Pointing me to Mark 13:31 in where it says: "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away." What confidence we have in our Creator God who will never be shaken, even if at the time we feel a little bit shaken! Thank you to my friend, who reminded me of the Gospel...very timely words!

Change is all around me! Which, I do invite but can be hard when its happening all at the same time! I feel a little shaky with the changes, yet I know that it will be for my benefit and growth and that my Anchor in Christ is secure!
  • New Job, which means training should start next couple of weeks....more on that later!
  • Moving from my campus apartment into a house with a family! This is such a blessing because I didn't ask for this, but the Lord open the door for me! Its a young couple from my church who lives 5 houses down from our church! They recently renovated their entire house and have the upstairs ready for two boarders! There are two rooms upstairs for me and another single girl! So, it will be extremely nice and just all around a great environment to live in! Yet, I do feel a little bitter-sweet b/c I'm going to miss my room-mate now...but we are ending on a good note and she understands that this is going to be helpful for me b/c I will be able to save money and live more cheaply! Such a grace for our Lord! Just really want to payback my school loans as quickly as I can!
  • And there is something else, but don't feel free quite yet to blog about it...will eventually, Lord willing! If you know me well you prob. know what the scoop is...so I ask that you'd pray for wisdom in this as well! :)

In total, these aren't the craziest changes ever, but enough to make me not too comfortable, so that the Lord would use this to grow me up and make me mature in Him! And, often I have to admit, when things become too comfortable I can become complacent and less reliant on our Lord...which is the very thing that He is wanting to prevent! I just need more trust, grace, and rest in Christ!

Also, thanks for your prayers because my parents arrived home safely this past Thursday night! They got back to McKinney, TX very simply! Now, they are in Colorado because Dad is receiving some award from his old job...but at least they are back state-side and have access to their cell phones! I've enjoyed talking to them both several times and have heard interesting stories from their travels! Until later....grace and peace in Christ, friends!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited God has blessed you with a new place to live and a new job! God is so kind towards you!

I love you!

~ Ali

Jill said...

You keep saying you will tell more about the job, but I still don't even know what kind of job it is! I'm dying of curiosity!!!! :)