Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Oh to the harder providences of God...

I ask that you'd pray for my parents and that the Gospel of Christ would go forward through this earthquake disaster! My parents have been in China these past several weeks, right in the area of where the earthquake hit! Thankfully, the Lord has protected them and their friends who are there. However, records show that there is a shocking 10 Thousand + who have been killed as a result! There is utter chaos all around them and shortage on food, water, and medical supplies. This is beyond anything I have ever seen in real life, the pictures I've seen look like a movie! I am sobered and reminded of how much we need our Lord to intervene, not only for my parents but for the Chinese Christian church to be bold in witness and declare the glory of God in the face of Christ! That the Kingdom would advance through this natural disaster! Thank you for your prayers! My parents are scheduled to fly home tomorrow (May 15th) yet we are not sure there will be many flights available! Pray that they would be able to return safely and that they'd be bold in faith in the midst of seeing so much tragedy!

So what do I do now? I turn to the One who hears our prayers and is faithful to care for His children! In my dad's email, he mentioned Psalm 46, it couldn't be more fitting to meditate on!

"God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way,
though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea,
though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble at its swelling. Selah
There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy habitation of the Most High.
God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved;
God will help her when morning dawns.
The nations rage, the kingdoms totter;he utters his voice, the earth melts.
The Lord of hosts is with us;the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah

Come, behold the works of the Lord,
how he has brought desolations on the earth.
He makes wars cease to the end of the earth;
he breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the chariots with fire.
“Be still, and know that I am God.
I will be exalted among the nations,I will be exalted in the earth!”
The Lord of hosts is with us;the God of Jacob is our fortress. Selah

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad they made it home! God is good! I love you!

~ Ali