Saturday, February 2, 2008

a little update

I'm taking a class called Theological Foundations of Biblical Counseling (it's just a fancy title for explaining the importance of looking at God's Word for our final authority for counseling). The first class was this past Thursday from 12pm to 6pm...very intense! I was challenged with what our professor (Dr.Burrelli) taught. This class is going to stretch my thinking and I'm thankful for that.

I want to insert some of my notes from the class (later this week!) because it is helpful to consider the importance of laying the Bible as our foundation in all aspects of life. God's Word is such a grace because it show s us the beauty of Christ and why it was necessary for Him to come and live, die and rise again for our behalf! Praise Him for this great Love He has shown us through the blood of Christ! We are now reconciled to our Father and can approach His throne with confidence believing that He hears our prayers, struggles and joys...based on the righteousness of His Son.

I'm already growing a little weary and it's only the 2nd week of class!! Pray that the Lord would use these classes for His glory and grant me (us all) better understanding of who He is and as a result produce in me (us all) deeper affections for Him alone, through His living Word!! Oh how easily pleased I am and settle for His creation, rather then looking to the Creator! I am marked for eternity because of Christ; this alone should produce in me humble joy of thankfulness in my heart for our loving King! May we be marked as joyful and thankful people because our God is not only Just, but He is the Justifier--Praise God because I got to share this (the Gospel!) with my cleaning lady boss on tuesday, for to all He has called according to His purposes!

The answer for weariness is looking back to the Gospel by mediating on His Word of truth! I started to read the Psalms today because of the hopefulness the Psalmist brings of God's ever-loving help and care for His people. Meditating on God's Word is key in actually remembering it throughout the day, so when you are faced with unbelief you can recall truth that God keeps His covenant with His people and will sustain them!

Psalm 3:2-5

"But you, O Lord, are a shield about me,
my glory, and the lifter of my head.
I cried aloud to the Lord,
and he answered me from his holy hill.
I lay down and slept;
woke again, for the Lord sustained me."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you! So proud of you as you study God's word and prepare to counsel! God will use you in mighty ways for His glory! Can't wait to see you soon! ~ Ali