Saturday, August 9, 2008

1/2 Marathon, anyone?

Do you want to run a 1/2 marathon with me? Any takers? pretty please! (this is a pic of my new running shoes)

A long-term goal of mine has been to run the Full Marathon (26.22 miles). Yet, I need to work up to that goal, so I figured I should start with the 1/2 marathon first! It maybe super hard and kill me, but I'm willing to take the leap! :) But, when in life will I have the time to actually train and prepare for one? I figure this might be the best timing! I have started and stopped training for one so many times that I can't even count. Which is sad to say, but true. Perhaps, if I blogged about it, I would have more accountability to actually complete one! I googled for the next one in Louisville and it's October 19th. So, I have like 3 months to train!

If you're interested, let me know and we can run the longer runs together on the weekends. If not, I'm still doing it. I'm taking the jump and going to start preparing! It's a good discipline for my body and it will be fun goal to achieve too! Let me know! I'm going to start training for it this week.

I'll put up a running plan next post....also I'll put up pics from my trip home last week w/ an update! (check my facebook for pics if you can't wait) It was great to see my family and thankful for it! I can't believe school is starting August 19th! Summer time is almost over! crazy how fast it went!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your new running shoes! Have fun running!

~ Ali

Read With Pj said...

hi anna!
I could train with you...come run wih me. I'm running 5-6 miles right now, but need someone to motivate me to increase!

We "2" Kings said...

oh that was me! Lauren scott. I forgot I had a weird name on